1. 101: How can brands attract attention to their WeChat articles? What is WeChat content format & layout? How can WeChat Articles be optimized to convert better?
WeChat as a media portal for businesses to broadcast content to their audience
When creating WeChat content, the goal is to make sure people want to read and engage with it.
Content strategy on WeChat
Tips, tactics and best practices to create WeChat content that converts
When creating content for WeChat, it should optimize to generate engagement and conversion against a defined objective – what do you want your readers to do when landing on your piece of content?
- What I’ve learned from making over 1,200 WeChat Posts | July 2019 [LinkedIn – Olivia Plotnick]
- How to make shoppable WeChat articles? | Yumi [April 2019]
- 5 Tips for Creating WeChat Posts with High Engagement | August 2018 [LinkedIn – Olivia Plotnick]
- 3 tips to increase WeChat reading rates with cool cover pictures | January 2018 [WalktheChat]
Regulations on the published content
- Is your Official WeChat Account content in breach of Chinese Advertising Law? | January 2019 [Hi-Com]
Learn more about the WeChat rules and regulations that any marketing content published in the WeChat ecosystem must comply: + WeChat Rules and Marketing Restrictions
All in one place – essential reports to learn the basics
Formatting & Design – Further readings
2. The Elephant in the room: WeChat content is increasingly challenging
3. Publication and review Calendar to broadcast relevant information in the right timing
4. Updates and timeline to have some background
|May 2018||Reinforcing position in favour of content creators|
By clicking on the author’s name (either at the top of the article on the name or at the bottom of the picture), the user is taken to a page with some basic demographic info about the author and other articles from him/her.
|LinkedIn – Oilivia Plotnick|
|December 2017||Improved readability of the Wechat content cover||Kawo|
5. Data to put perspective in the content strategy
|Date||Updates||Source / more details|
|January 2018||In the past 3 years WeChat article engagement has dropped from 17% to 6%. There’s now 15 million sub accounts compared to 1.5m||Graphics|