1. 101: how to develop a WeChat Mini App
- Analysis of the Development of WeChat Mini Program | 2018 [Lei Hao]
- Spotlight on Wechat Mini Program Development | 2017 [Le Wagon]
- Entrepreneurs: how to make your own Mini-Program | June 2017 [Le Wagon]
- A complete English wiki made to decrypt the Mini Program development framework | [Adrien Pelegri]:
- Registration process
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- MP Lifecycle
2. Before starting to create an Instant App
- Download the IDE (Integrated Development Environment) = development software provided by Tencent to do all the code and preview your mini-program
- Register an account on WeChat Open Platform
- Link to start creating WeChat back-end account
- The WeChat registration process requires a Chinese ID card.
- How to register and start a Mini Program project and how the IDE works | February 2017 [Medium – Yelin Qui]
3. Useful Github resources to get started with Mini Program development
- A complete English wiki made to decrypt the Mini Program development framework | [Adrien Pelegri]
- Westore – 微信小程序解决方案
WeChat JS SDK
Some functionalities available with WeChat JS SDK can also be implemented in a Mini Program:
- QRcode / barcode scanner
- WeChat pay
- WeChat login
- Interaction with WeChat card system
- Template Message
- Service centre message
- Interaction with iBeacons
- Fapiao information
WeChat UnionID: what is the difference with OpenID? How to set it up?
UnionID is the unique user ID across every WeChat channel (Official Account, Mini Program, H5) that is bound to the same open platform account.
So for a given user, the UnionID is the same for every WeChat channel. However, the OpenID is different between Official Account and Mini Program and H5.
- WeChat UnionID: how to identify uniquely a customer on WeChat | April 2019 [Splio]
- How to get UnionID for WeChat Mini program? | March 2019 [Medium – David Yu]
5. UI component development
6. Performance optimization
- Mini Program development best practices for performance | December 2018 [Wiredcraft]
- WeChat for Dummies: How to make your WeChat Mini Program blazing fast | December 2018 [Wiredcraft]
7. Development frameworks
- WeChat mini-programs – which development framework to choose in 2018? | October 2018 [Medium – Le Wagon]
8. What are the requirements? What do you need to create a WeChat Instant App?
9. You don’t need to develop them from scratch any longer: the Mini App ecosystem is commoditizing very fast
Mini Programs are commoditizing very fast, with:
- the emergence of use case focused drag and drop builders: e-commerce shops, loyalty programs etc.
- maturing frameworks allowing to create multiple
front-ends (H5, M ini Programs) from a unified codebase
- Mini Program Generators (Drag & Drop UX) = sxl.cn
10. Performance measurement and analytics
- Analytics for WeChat Mini-Programs: Where Do We Stand for Performance Tracking in 2019? | December 2018 [31Ten] => a benchmark of the third party solutions available
- English tutorial for analytics on WeChat Mini Programs | June 2018 [Wiredcraft] => understanding the performance measurement framework given out of the box by Tencent