WeChat is launching a new platform called WeChat Mini Shop.
This product is a WeChat native store builder system. Brands and businesses can leverage the eCommerce capability of the WeChat Mini Programs with no cost nor service fee. So they can set up their online shop without any development restriction.
In the WeChat ecosystem, the piece of works in synergy with the other products provided natively by WeChat: WeChat Official Account, WeChat Live-streaming, WeChat Channels, etc… in order to integrate each step of the marketing funnel.
It corresponds to the convergences of:
- online buying trends
- Mini-Program as a user-centric technology
This is a step further toward to become a eCommerce enable ecosystem.
Introduction to WeChat Mini Store
What is WeChat Mini Shop / Wēixìn Xiaodian?
It’s a SaaS mobile tool to build and operate a WeChat store leveraging WeChat powered Mini Program technology.
The native feature enable businesses to quickly launch their own merchandising mobile store in the form of a Mini Program on WeChat.
It’s embedded with the built-in live-streaming capabilities.
WeChat Mini Shop will replace Weixin Xiaodian.
WeChat’s statement about WeStore
Costs to create and manage a WeStore
It’s free. 😉 No development costs for now.
No deposit required
Synonyms that can be found online and offline
- WeChat Mini Shop
- WeChat Mini Store
Key services and features to leverage as merchant
- Product information management: one-click moving, product bulk management, and cross-platform management
- Order Management: batch order processing, batch printing
- Inventory management
- Store operation
- Live broadcast management / built-in live-streaming linking to the store.
- Delivery Management
- Finance / ERP
- Multi-agent customer service and after-sales service
- User management: add up to 500 operators to co-manage the store, access control management
- Transaction guarantee certification
The feature supports more than 1,500 product categories including:
- consumer electronics
- home appliances
- pet goods
WeChat Mini Shop vs existing eCommerce SaaS software
There are exiting 3rd party eCommerce SaaS solutions on the market to be able to build eCommerce Mini Program:
|WeChat Mini Shop||3rd party eCommerce SaaS softwares|
|Cost||Free||Annual usage fee from 10,000 – 26,000|
|Integration with other platforms than WeChat||❌||✅|
How to create a WeChat native eCommerce Mini Program
Documents to prepare
- Chinese identity card information
- Business licenses (required to open WeChat Native business store)
- Operator information (required to open WeChat Native business store)
- Settlement bank account information (required to open WeChat Native business store)
How to set up a WeChat Mini Store
- Go to WeChat Back-end
- Upload the enterprise, business, or individual information
- Fill in the nickname/category of the WeStore mini programs
- Bind the bank card
Updates and timeline on WeChat Mini Shop
|Date||Updates||Source / more details|
|August 2020||The feature is officially launched||China Internet Watch|
|July 2020||[Feature available via by-application-only] |
Companies can apply to the program through this contact form with a verified Service Official Account, which has activated the payment feature.
|June 2020||[Feature in internal testing] |
Some WeChat Official Accounts receive the invitation to try WeStore.
If you think of some improvements or missing information…
Let’s build up the knowledge around WeChat Mini Store collectively !