1. What is an operator in WeChat console? What is the difference between the ‘Administrator’ role and the ‘Operator’ role
An operator is a user who has access to WeChat backend to operate an Official Account.
A user added as an operator is able to login to WeChat Official Account administration panel without the assistance of the Administrator.
‘Operator’ role of a WeChat Account is different from the ‘Administrator’ role defined when creating the public account.
The person behind the ‘Administrator’ role must be a Chinese citizen. This role is held by the individual who was set as during the Official Account registration process.
He/she should be in full cooperation with the organization that owns the Official Account as he/she is the only one to be able to confirm newly added operator by scanning a QR code (See Step 4 of the guide as below 👇👇👇👇)
The person who is assigned to ‘Administration’ is the only one with the following permission:
- add other operators
- reset your developer AppSecret
- transfer ‘Administrator’ role – change the person assign to this role
- a few other actions
As a non-Chinese citizen and account owner, in order to control your access to your WeChat administration backend, you need to add yourself as an operator after registration.
2. Prerequisites to add a new ‘Operator’
The person you want to add in the backend ‘Operator’ list must:
- subscribe to the Official Account
- have his personal WeChat account linked to a bank card
3. Step-by-Step Guide to add an operator from WeChat administration console
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Please find as below the process on how to add operators
- Login to https://mp.weixin.qq.com
Login to WeChat backend with the user specific credentials
- Go to 设置 > 安全中心 > 管理员微信号 > 详情 > 绑定运营者微信号
Go to Settings > Details
- Click on the green Call-To-Action to add an operator
A pop-up will appear to select a user you would like to add with the ‘Operator’ role.
- Type the user ID that you want to authorize to access the WeChat backend as an operator from among your account followers
Can add up to five long-term operators and up to twenty short-term operators (one-month expiration)
- Your administrator needs to scan a QR code to confirm the newly added operator
Without administrator approval, no operator can be added.
- The user will receive a validation message on his WeChat feed
She/he needs to validate the access within 24h.